Scientific and creative activity of S. Gnedovsky, the adviser of Russian Architecture and Construction Sciences Academy.
Sergey Gnedovsky finished Moscow Architecture Institute in 1972.
The beginning phase of scientific and architectural activity of S. Gnedovsky is connected with defending his thesis on “Architectural and scenographic organization of theaters and theater halls of small capacity” (1979) and work in authors collective on design and realization of 2nd stage of Drama and Comedy Theater on Taganka in Moscow (1974 – 1981).
During his work in B. S. Mezentsev CNIIEP took part in preparation of new edition SniP “Theaters”, then VSN “Theater and Performative institutions” (1983).
Simultaneously, partaking with authors collective prepared issuing monograph “Architecture of Soviet Theater in 1917 – 1981” (Chapter I, Architecture in period of 1917 – 1932), (StroyIzdat, 1986).
After moving to GiproTheater Institute (1984) elaborations of scientific design proposals on development of Mossovet Theater, MKHAT Theater on Moskvin street, programs of building theaters in Surgut, Syktyvcar and other towns in Russia, issue of “Recommendations on theaters for chilren and youth and puppet theaters designing” became S. Gnedovsky’s area of activity.
The creation of design scientific consulting bureau “Architecture and Culture Policies” (1991) was connected with an idea of profound connection of pre-design and design stages of creating of culture objects in conditions of reorganization of social and economic relations in the country. Between 1991 and 1996 there were elaborated some programs of culture development of systems of culture objects for Khanty-Mansiisk A. O. and Komi-Perm A. O., Ryazan region, Volgograd, Surgut, Nizhnevartovsk in the Bureau of Assignments of Culture Ministry RF. In Surgut there was realized the project for creating of art museum, at the same time there were held designing and construction of museum buildings in Surgut, Khanty-Mansiisk, renovation of theater in Nizhnevartovsk, building of hotel in Khanty-Mansiisk.
Since 1995 S. Gnedovsky dedicate most of his activity to the design and construction of Krasnokholmskaya Strelka complex were he worked as Chief Architect at the 2nd stage of complex construction.
In 1997 and 2005 S. Gnedovsky was awarded with Moscow Union of Architects’ Prize “Golden Section” for designs of Moscow Theater of Young Spectator and the building of theater “Petr Fomenko’s Workshop”. In collaboration with V. Krasilnikov he is Chief Architect at Moscow International House of Music design.
In 2000 becomes the Honoured Architect of Russia.
Since 2002 he is Professor, Corresponding Member of non-government organization of Moscow department of International Architecture Academy.
Since 2007 he is Corresponding Member of RAASN.
In present time after completion of construction of “Petr Fomenko’s Workshop” theater in Moscow he works on design of large culture and sport social-business center in Moscow, and of museum complex “ Field of Kulikovo Battle”. He is an author of 54 projects and 65 publications in Russian and foreign issues.