Vazha Gelashvili born in Tbilisi, Georgia, in 1946,
In 1969 he graduated from Georgian Polytechnic Institute, the faculty of architecture, The same yare started to work at the State Institute of Projecting as an architect, In 1990 he established his own office in Tbilisi, He had something of a reputation as “bad Boy” of contemporary Georgian Architecture. In many respects, Gelashvili, author of the Theater of Marjanishvili in Tbilisi (competition. 1979), Institute of manuscripts (1981) and Institute of Physiology in Tbilisi (1981-86) is the most powerful and original Georgian architect currently Working, In 1993, he had to move to Moscow (Russia) and work there. In Moscow he built office-building in Sadovnicheskaya str, (1997) and Designed the Business Center on Kievskaya Square (1995). Later, in 1999 he returned in Tbilisi. He is also the Professor of the Department of architecture of Georgian Technical University in Tbilisi. He works in the theory of architecture, design and painting.
In 1987 a building of the Institute of Physiology was build according his drafts, This building was given the highest prize of the Soviet. The same year he was given the diploma of Soviet Academy of Arts.
Other main projects:
1981. The Manuscripts Institute and Shota Rustaveli’s memorial in Tbilisi, 1986. Village Goltety. Georgia. 1988. The Main street in Kutaisy, Georgia.
1992. The Restoration and Re-Planning of the Rustaveli ave, In Tbilisi, Georgia. 1992. The Restoration and Re-Planning of the Hotel “Astoria” In Tbilisi, Georgia, 1992. The Restoration and Re-Planning of the Square Freedom In Tbilisi, Georgia. 1992. The Restoration and Re-Planning PRADO national Museum, Madrid, Spain,
2005. The Business Center on Saakadze square, Tbilisi.
2006. The Ballet House in Tbilisi,
2006. Mixed-Use Building in Photy, Georgia.