Vittorio Gregotti

Address:
Via Matteo Bandello n.20
20123 Milano, ITALY
Tel. 0039(0)2 4814141
Fax. 0039(0)2 4814143
Email: v.gregotti@gregottiassociati-link.it

 

 

 

 

Vittorio Gregotti, born in Novara in 1927, graduated in architecture in 1952 from the Polytechnic of Milan. From 1953 to 1968 he collaborated with L. Meneghetti and G. Stoppino. In 1974 he founded Gregotti Associati, of which he is president. He was professor of architectural composition at the IUAV (Architectural Institute – University of Venice) and taught at the Faculty of Architecture in Milan and Palermo.
He has also acted as visiting professor at the Universities of Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Lausanne, Harvard, Philadelphia, Princeton, Cambridge (UK) and at MIT in Cambridge (USA). He was responsible for the introductory section of the XIII Triennale (Milan, 1964) which won the International Grand Prix, and from 1974 to 1976 he was director of the visual arts and architectural section of the Biennale di Venezia.
He has been a member of the Accademia di San Luca since 1976 and the Accademia di Brera since 1995. He was conferred the Gold Medal for Science and Culture from the President of Italian Republic in 2000, the degree honoris causa from the Polytechnic of Prague in 1996, from the Polytechnic of Bucharest in 1999, and from the University of Porto in 2003; the Manfredo Tafuri Prize of the Venice Biennial of Architecture in the 2006, and the Millennium Award of the International Triennial of Architecture of Lisbon in 2007.
Since 1997 he has been a member of the BDA (Bund der deutschen Architekten) and from 1999 an honorary member of the American Institute of Architects. From 1953 until 1955 he was an editor of Casabella; from 1955 to 1963 editor-in-chief of Casabella-Continuità; from 1963 to 1965 director of Edilizia Moderna and was responsible for the architectural section of the magazine Il Verri. Then, from 1979 to 1998 he was director of Rassegna and from 1982 to 1996 director of Casabella. From 1984 to 1992 he edited the architectural column for the weekly magazine Panorama. From 1992 to 1997 he collaborated with the daily newspaper Corriere della Sera, and since 1997 he has collaborated with the daily newspaper La Repubblica.