Av. Constituyentes 41, Col.
San Miguel Chapultepec.,
Mexico, D.F., C.P. 11850
Tel. 0052 55.52112823 /52113353
Alberto Kalach (born 1960) is a Mexican architect.
in Mexico City, studied architecture at the Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, and completed graduate studies later at Cornell University in Ithaca. In 1981 he founded the firm “Taller de Arquitectura X” with Daniel Álvarez, with whom he worked until 2002, when Álvarez left the firm. While he continues to direct TAX, in 2002 his interests also turned to the urban planning problems of his home town, and founded the community “México: future city” (Spanish: México: ciudad futura). He realized several joint projects, some of them with notable colleagues like Teodoro González de León, Gustavo Lipkau and Jose Castillo. His lake concepts were significant in solving existing water supply problems in Mexico City. He published several articles in national and international magazines of architecture, and participates in the “Recovering the City of Lakes” project (Spanish: Vuelta a la ciudad lacustre).
- 1999: Casa GGG, Mexico City
- 2000-2008 Casa La Atalaya, California
- 2002: Jose Vasconcelos Library, Mexico City
- 2004: Casa Romany, California
- 2007-2010: Reforma 27 Tower, Mexico City
- 1984: 2nd, 71st Paris prize bestowal of the art school in Columbus, Indiana
- 1985: 3rd, international design competition for the museum of modern arts in Bonn, Germany
- 1996: 1st, international design competition for the Petrosino Park, New York City(together with Ricardo Regazzoni and Julio González Rojas)
- 1996: 1st, design competition of the Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldtin Puebla, Puebla (together with Felipe Buendía and Moises Miserachi)
- 2004: 1st, international design competition for the José Vasconcelos Library(together with Juan Palomar, Gustavo Lipkau and Tonatiuh Martínez)
MUSEO DEL MAR Y DEL DESIERTO | Bahía de Magdalena, Baja California Sur Proyecto: Alberto Kalach Desarrollo: Taller de Arquitectura X – 2010
REFORMA 27 | ICA RESIDENCIAL | CIUDAD DE MÉXICO Arquitecto: Alberto Kalach Desarrollo: Taller de Arquitectura X | 2007 – 2010