Aleksandra Medvedeva 14, 18000 Niš
Telephone: +381 18 588200, ext. 112; GSM +381 63 405101
E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
He was born on 18th October 1959 in Prokuplje. He finished the elementary and grammar school in Dimitrovgrad. For this performance in the grammar school, he was awarded “Mihajlo Petrovic-Alas” and “Nikola Tesla” diplomas. He enrolled to he Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade in 1978/79 school year, and graduates from it on 27th September 1985. As a student of the third year of the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, at the suggestion of University Commission, he was awarded for the best performance in studies in 1980.
During the study, as a research assistant, in the Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments of the Republic of Serbia, in the team of PhD Mirko Kovačević, he worked on the projects:
- Budva (Old city) – archeological research and rehabilitation projects of ramparts, citadel and sacred structures in the area of Old city after the earthquake of 1979,
- Rcognation and scouting of new archeological sites of the Kopaonik area,
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of church Nova Pavlica after the Kopaonik earthquake in 1981.
- CULTURAL HERITAGE OF SERBIA 1947-1982 exhibition as a technical preparation associate, in the SANU gallery.
Immediately after finishing his studies, on 19th July 1985 he was employed by GRO “Progres” from Pirota. He has completed his National army Service in the period December 1985 – November 1986. Upon return, he continued to work in the same company until 1988.
On 1st September 1988, he became a teaching trainee at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Nis at the subject of Building structures with technical drawing and Building structures. In the course of 1990/91 and 1991/92 school years, he was teaching Architectonic drawing at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture of Pristina.
He enrolled to the post-graduate studies, at the course of “Housing” in December 1987 at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade. At this faculty, with PhD Ranko Trbojević as a mentor, on 19th May 1995, he defended his Master thesis, ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION OF INTERIOR PARTITIONS FROM THE ASPECT OF SOUND INSULATION and acquired the academic title of Master of Technical sciences in the field of architecture and town planning.
At the Faculty of Civil Engineering, with PhD Veliborka Bogdanovic as a mentor, he defended his doctoral thesis, INFLUENCE OF ARCHITECTONIC FORM AND MATERIALIZATION ON THE ACOUSTIC COMFORT OF ORTHODOX CHURCHES and thus acquired the academic title of Doctor of Technical Sciences in the field of architecture.
As an architect and part of university staff, he successfully carried out designing and scientific-pedagogical activities. He is the designer and co-designer of a large number of designed and constructed architectonic structures, among which the following stand prominent:
The structures which were among the 50 BUILDINGS OF ARCHITECTURE NIŠ 1990-2012:
- Service “MERCEDES BENZ-Euro Star” Niš, Toponički put bb, Niš (the structure has been built),
- Office-storage building of „PROMONTKOMERC“ company of Niš (the structure has been built),
- Office center “PRITY” Niš, Vazduhoplovaca bb, Niš (the structure has been built),
Selective presentation of other structures:
- Sports hall „DOM SPORTOVA“ (HOUSE OF SPORTS) in Pirot (Conceptual, General and Master Design)
- Sports hall „KEJ“ in Pirot, (the structure has been built)
- Master design Production-commercial facility “VELIKI MOST”, D.P.Pekarsko preduzeće (Bakery Company) ”Crni Marko” from Pirot, (the structure has been built)
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of buildings 7, 8, 9 and 19 in the complex of DIN „Fabrika duvana“ AD Niš (Tobacco Factory), after devastation of 1999 (the structure has been built).
- Office-residential building in Branka Krsmanovića street (under construction)
- New structure of bay of STUDENT HOSTEL SC in the city field of Nis (structure under construction).
- Residential-office building in Dušanova street (the structure has been built)
- Residential-office building at the corner of Prvomajska and Josifa Pančića streets (the structure has been built)
- Design of SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PARK in Nis (Conceptual and Master design)
He is the author and co-author of over 40 papers presented and published both in national journals, chapters of monographs, national and international conferences, meetings and as invited an author at meetings.
Within DAAD project, he stayed in Berlin on two occasions in December 2002 and September – November 2003. During this academic stay, which had a goal of education in the field of ENERGY EFFICIENCY, the candidate visited TU Berlin, TFH Berlin, DENA and IEMB institutes.
He participated as a research assistant at 5. scientific-research projects financed by the Ministry of science and technology of the Republic of Serbia.
For his architectonic – designing activity, he was awarded commendations and first prizes at competitions, among which are the following:
- I prize at the competition for CONCEPTUAL ARCHITECTONIC-TOWN PLANNING DESIGN OF THE CENTRAL ZONE OF NIŠKA BANjA, Niš, May. 2007.
- III prize in the category competition project at URBOSALON NIŠ 2007 for CONCPETUAL ARCHITECTONIC – TOWN PLANNING DESIGN OF THE CENTRAL ZONE OF NIŠKA BANjA, Niš, November 2007.
- NOMINATION-RECOGNITION in the category “Realized designs”; TRIENNIAL OF ARCHITECTURE OF NIŠ 2006, Niš, 31st October – 04 November
- NOMINATION – RECOGNITION in the category “Design category”; TRIENNAL OF ARCHITECTURE OF NIŠ 2009, Niš, 27th October – 01st November 2009.
- FIRST PRIZE in the category “Architectonic designs”; TRIENNAL OF ARCHITECTURE OF NIŠ 2012, Niš, 03rd October – 07th October
- SPECIAL PRIZE of the CHAMBER OF ARCHITECTS IN BULGARIA – a book, Interarch SILVER MEDAL and Honorary Diploma; XIVth World Triennial of Architecture, Sofia 17-20 May 2015.; International Academy of Architecture, Sofia, Bulgaria. –
- SPECIAL PRIZE of DIZARCH DESIGN STUDIO, Varna – painting, INTERARCH Silver Medal and Honorary Diploma; XIVth World Triennial of Architecture, Sofia 17-20 May 2015.; International Academy of Architecture, Sofia, Bulgaria.
He is a member of the:
- SOCIETY OF ARCHITECTS OF NIŠ,
- CHAMBER OF ENGINEERS OF SERBIA,
- regional managing board of main section of AP- designer architects of IKS with the mandate until 2012.,
- COUNCIL of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture of,
- Scientific committee for organization of the international Scientific meeting “NIŠ AND BYZANTIUM” – within the City Patron Saint’s celebration – Days of Saint Emperor Constantine and Empress Helena since 2007.
He is married, and with his family, his wife and his daughter lives in Niš-Serbia.
Design of warehouse-office building PROMONT COMERCE in Nis (Conceptual and Master design; The structure has been built)
Design of warehouse-office building EUROSENA warehouse-office in Aleksinac (Conceptual and Master design; The structure has been built)
Design of OUTDOOR SWIMMING POOL COMPLEX in Dimitrovgrad, Serbia (Conceptual and Master design)
Design of VILLA PAVLIN in Marigot bay-St. Lucia, Caribbean Sea (Conceptual and Master design)*
Sports hall „DOM SPORTOVA“ (HOUSE OF SPORTS) in Pirot (Conceptual, General and Master Design)*